Thursday, February 10, 2011

Scrapbooking


Jay’s Mom gave us an album with all the pictures of Jay’s growing up years and little notes beside each picture to explain when they were taken and where. I think it’s wonderful since I want to learn as much about Jay as I can and you know how they say “a picture is worth a thousand words!”  Well, that is definitely true in my opinion so I’ve decided to start keeping a scrapbook for Roy. Just one that has different shots of him starting from day one and as he grows up, so when he gets older and eventually married (I know that’s not for a while yet but hey, one has to plan ahead, right? ;-) his future wife can look at his scrapbook and see what an adorable baby he was. :-D 

So, I bought a scrapbook, scrapbooking pages, (you know, all those adorable little baby themed ones at Jo-Ann’s. Oh, when they were on sale of course!;-) stickers, tags, glue, scissors, tape and various other assorted odds and ends for scrapbooking. Now, I just have to find the time to work on it. Roy does have a schedule (for the most part at any rate) and usually I don’t have much time to work on “fun” stuff. Not that I don’t do fun stuff, I do, everyday in fact. Just taking care of Jay and Roy is fun in itself but I want to work on household stuff first like dishes, laundry, cleaning and cooking before I work on other things and by the time I’m done with those, it’s time to feed Roy again. (You know those people who ask stay-at-home-moms what they find to do in a day like we couldn’t possibly have that much to do? They have no idea!!! :-) So, crafting and such type things are put on the back burner ‘till that day when I’ve run out of other things to do. I don’t mind, I’m still taking pictures, and writing down things so when I do have time to work on the scrapbook I will have stuff to put in it. 

Maybe I should start a wedding day scrapbook too………..hmmmm…….for now I need to get to the housework and start baking. Oh, like those truffles I’ve been wanting to make and bathing my little boy so he smells all clean and cuddly. Wow, we housewives do have a tough time of it! (Can you hear the sarcasm dripping from my words?:-D)

No comments: